Saturday, March 23, 2013

Term 7: Portfolio Class Project 5

 This last concept I chose is called Butterfly by Zoonoid. I loved this guys incredibly long body and little tiny face.
Original Concept

I started by blocking him out with zspheres in zbrush. The first week of modeling I spent the most time on the face, which may not have been the best idea since his head is so small compared to the rest of him.

The antennae was a bit tricky. I ended up using Shave to generate the hairs and then converted it to polys so I could use my own textures. It had been a while since I'd used vray to render anything and I decided to give it another go. Vray seemed like the best solution for his face, arms, and legs, and I still need to add more to the model. For now, this is the final render, and I hope to go back, do a little more look dev on the materials, add in better fur, and fix proportions to match the original more.

Final Render