Monday, January 28, 2013

Term 7: Portfolio Class Project 2

Here are my selections for Project #2. The middle one although very cool, seems a bit flat and could be challenging to recreate in 3d. The portrait is Spike from Cowboy Bebop. I love this but it is a bit simplistic. I'm going to come back to it soon.

The first one is my favorite, Guard Duty by André Brown. Once again, the artist was nice enough to give me permission to work on it and post in my portfolio. This time, I wanted to get a practical model for the character, but I lined up the environment as close as I could to the concept. Still need to pose sharky, and add the scar over his lip. This upcoming week is all lighting, texturing, rendering. Stay tuned.


Lastly, lots of texturing, lighting and rendering. The lighting was the hardest part. I ended up using a ton of lights to get all the rim lights, fill lights, etc. I ran out of time to properly pose him and afterwards I realized his proportions were way off. When I get a chance, I'd like to go back and adjust him.